Titan The Inexorable/Chapter 3/Sutekhites
Who We Were
The world was formed from the primordial waters of chaos. We were there to watch. We raised the great mound of earth from it, creating order from that chaos, upon which all things, mankind included, could grow. Most of us chose to remain beings of order, but one god, Seth, knew that chaos must exist for order to persist against the forces of entropy. We brought floods that made the earth fertile. We brought calamity that forced mankind to become strong.
Humans never particularly liked us. Everyone loved the sun gods, and the river gods, and the gods of the hearth, but nobody appreciates creative destruction. Eventually, gods born of humans killed us indiscriminately, taking our names for themselves, and since then, we've remained hidden, continuing our jobs in subtler ways for the most part.
Who We Are
We foment wars that drive innovation. We tear down the rotted, broken buildings so new development can take place. We wash the world with cleansing floods and burn forests away so they can be born anew. We are a force of lesser chaos and lesser evils in service of good and order. We kill and destroy what must be removed in order for the world to advance. People still don't like us.
- Asuras: Sometimes, the world really needs tough love. Of the seismic variety.
- Jötnar: You are trapped in the past, moaning about the future. How you can totally miss the present is beyond me.
- Ouranoi: Stay out of my way and there will be no problems.
- Nephilim: You must be exhausted, constantly serving a master you've never met.
- Agnostics: You are truly useless.
- Prometheans: They are order from chaos personified. I wish them luck.
- Mummies: Irem? Wow, we have been gone for too long.
- Changelings: Why do you hate these "Gentry" so much? They're just doing their job.